Women suicide bombers

<
Author Subject: Women suicide bombers
Adi Posted At 06:55:47 09/01/2003
Hi,
I am researching a paper on women suicide bombers and if anyone has anything to offer - viewpoint, fact, argument, statistics, personal experience, narratives, anything at all then I would be most welcome to have them.
I am doing my research from the point of view that women do it for the same reasons as men do and not from any specific gendered point of view. Any arguments for and against will both be welcome!
Raymond E Corrigan Re: Women suicide bombers (Currently 0 replies)
Posted At 20:14:55 10/12/2003

Hi Adi,

I am doing a paper for one of my classes along similar lines as you. I just started researching and I know it's going to be difficult to find good information on this source. If you could share some of the information you've recieved with me I would be very gratefull. If by then I have some good sources i'll be more than willing to share them with you.

Thanks,

Raymond
Ann Re: Women suicide bombers (Currently 0 replies)
Posted At 10:04:22 11/12/2003

there is a wonderful book that just came out called VIOLENCE AND TERRORISM it has a section on women terrorist that is very helpful. It's written by
Thomas J. Badey
Joanna Long Re: Women suicide bombers (Currently 0 replies)
Posted At 17:02:04 12/11/2003

There is also the recently-published book by Barbara Victor called "Army of Roses: Inside the world of Palestinian women Suicide bombers". It's shallow, simplistic, imbalanced and sensationalist, and worryingly it's pretty much the only thing out there. You've got to read the bad with the good though right?
Dishpaul Re: Women suicide bombers (Currently 0 replies)
Posted At 12:01:28 03/10/2004

Wow!

I am doing a paper on the same topic, Women Suicide Bombers for my Women and War Law Class.

Any info. would be greatly appreciated. I have just begun my research. Thanks for the info. already offered.

Dishpaul.
Mia Bloom Re: Women suicide bombers (Currently 0 replies)
Posted At 08:46:18 03/30/2004

I have written a chapter of my book, Dying to Kill, on women suicide bombers. Anyone needing information on this subject should contact me at the above e mail Address.
Best, Professor Mia Bloom
frederike Hanke Re: Women suicide bombers (Currently 7 replies)
Posted At 13:36:21 07/22/2004

Hello, my name is Rike and I want to write my paper( my last work at university) about women in criminal organizations ( I would like to compare the role of the women in cosa nostra and the women suicide bombers in Palestina).Until now I've only found one book of this subject(femal suicide bombers), do you racommand me a book or could you give me some titles?
thanks very much
Rike

This post is part of the War and Gender forum.